Challenge: Customers select from over 1700 different cooked, ambient and chilled products each week (each customer has own recipe portfolio), manufactured with only a few hours of lead time, minimum order size = 1, zero shelf life.
CLIENT: Airline meals provider
Client customers: Major airlines
What: Analysis of product portfolio and margin performance.
- Complete review of operational performance versus standards
- Identification of product specific improvement opportunity by value
- Modelled 26 different portfolio scenarios both current and potential
- Identified optimum portfolio scenarios for maximum profit
- Implemented targeted operational improvements to focus on key products
Result: A revision of the business customer portfolio based upon the optimised operation – which completely changed the view of which products made money and which did not, and which sales criteria it was right to support, and those which could be altered without risk.
Client quote: “the Applied Acumen team did a fantastic job optimising our commercial activity to match a new level of operational capability”
AA response: “We do what we say we’ll do.”